Very short post tonight. This relates to my current job search, but it also applies to writing grants, and probably other things, like raising children and landing robots on Mars.
Here’s how to do something hard that you’ve never done before:
1) Understand it won’t get done in a day.
2) Ask those who’ve done it.
3) Don’t wait to feel ready, just start.
4) Accept that early efforts will be insufficient.
5) Every day, do something to move forward.
6) Panic is just disguised motivation.
7) Nothing will be as good as you think it should be.
8) Perfection is a distraction.
9) Listen to the people you ask for advice.
10) Trust your own instincts.
11) Push your birds out of the nest.
12) Cry, don’t cut.
I guess I do everything in 12 steps now.